Monday 15 April 2013

Emma - CCG239 Color Challenge at ColorCombos Galore
http://colorcombosgalore.ning.com/forum/topics/color-combo-challenge-239
 I did another layout for this challenge as I couldn't get the image of the cake out of my mind.

 For inspiration I used photo 1- I took out a piece of white cardstock that had a diagonal embossed pattern on it, started with yellow distress ink around the centre section of the page, then went on to tattered rose and started blending the colours upward from the bottom of the page, then blended in worn lipstick upward and finished up with festive berries for the dark raspberry colour that is in the bottom of the 3rd layer of the cake. 
Then I focused on the icing dripping down from the top 2 layers of the cake and embossed with a light pink sparkle powder to keep it soft and embossed from the bottom up with a dark raspberry embossing powder.  Then I embossed some flourishes with yellow embossing powder as a base for my flowers.
I used more inspiration from the flowers cascading down the cake and made some embossed flowers and leaf die cuts in 2 shades of pink and raspberry and added some pearls.
From photo 2 I used an ornate frame behind my photo.

here again is the inspiration board we were given
 
and here is my take on it
 
 
 
 
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment