Tuesday 23 April 2013

CCG241 - Yellow Bellied Sap Sucker

another layout for this challenge at ColorCombos Galore - challenge details in the posts below

It took me 6 years to get this photo of the woodpecker and on opening day last year at the trailer he was in the tree right in front of me so I quickly grabbed my camera. 
For inspiration I used photo 2 - Repetition and Sequence with the wood bark looking strips of cardstock that started out as cream colored. I layered many layers of paper behind my photo and distressed the photo mat. I used many different inks, including moss green which doesn't show much in the photo.
I also used inspiration from photo 1 with the word labels for my journalling.
I used stamps to distress my background with cream ink with wood grain stamps.  I also managed to score a blurred background - quite by accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment