Saturday 20 July 2013

CCG248 - Sweet Serenity – Bright Eyed Babe

A new challenge over at Color Combos Galore this week and it's called Sweet Serenity. 
 
here are this weeks colors and inspirations
 
HHere is my layout for this challenge - this is my friend Cathy's granddaughter Emma in a pretty lace dress
 

 
 Inspiration Photo #1/Focus On Product: Twine
(used twine to wrap butterfly center)
Inspiration Photo 2 – Focus on Style – Romantic/Shabby Chic - I used lace borders to reflect the lace eyelet dress on Emma, romantic flowers and some shabby handmade taupe striped flowers and a blue and peach petal flower and wood leaves along with the pearl and gem flourishes. Used lots of pearls around the page as well.
Inspiration Photo 3 – Focus on Journaling – About a specific date – I took inspiration from the mirrored tray and used a mirror butterfly, and for the clock theme I used 2 clocks and took the idea of the scroll gold frame of the mirror and used some dark metal embellies that mirrored the colors in the photo. Alsp ised a round glass ball as the centre of one of the flowers
Inspiration Photo 4 – Focus on Trend – Speech Bubbles - used some small stickers on my speech bubble.

This is the second layout using the same photo. I gave the first one to Emma's granny and they wanted to frame it so I made another layout for her scrapbook so thought I'd post both.


 
This is a
Inspiration Photo 1 - Focus on Theme – Twine –Twine on butterfly mirror
Inspiration Photo 2 – Focus on Style – Romantic/Shabby Chic - I used romantic flowers and some shabby blue striped flowers and grey ones and blue and peach petal flowers, pearl flourishes and a bit of taupe lace with a 2 small wooden birds, Taupe ric rack with tiny pearls.
Inspiration Photo 3 – Focus on Journaling – About a specific date – I took inspiration from the mirrored tray and used a mirror butterfly, and for the clock theme I used a clock transparency and took the idea of the scroll gold frame of the mirror and used some dark metal embellies that mirrored the colors in the photo.
Inspiration Photo 4 – Focus on Trend – Speech Bubbles - used some a pearls for my speech bubble and the journaling is in pearl letters inside. . The metal in the muffin tin inspired the use of the vellum paper with the dark ornate scroll and the chandelier.
so why not head on over to Color Combos Galore and give the  challenge a try and see what everyone has created.  They are posting new videos to explain the color and inspiration challenges.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment